Tis the season for spring cleaning. And in our house that means cleansing our bodies too, with less-carbs- more-vegetables kind of mind sets. But the thing is, I love my crunchy, salty snacks and I simply cannot go on without them. So here is this the most simple almond flour cracker recipe that curbs my desire for chips and other salty treats! The nice thing is you can add anything your heart desires like rosemary, chia or flax seeds, garlic, basil or better yet cheese. It's a great replacement for potato chips and will hopefully do the job when I'm craving all the salt!
2 cups almond flour
1 large egg
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1. Combine all the ingredients in a food processor, or mix by hand.
2. Form into a ball, then roll out between two sheets of parchment paper.
3. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top.
4. Cut your crackers into squares before baking at 350 for about 12 minutes. Or if you're lazy like me, skip the cutting, bake it whole and break into chunky pieces after it's cooled.
5. Enjoy with hummus, tuna, cheese or all by themselves!