Search

Au Vieux Paris d'Arcole


Au Vieux Paris d'Arcole

I still have a lot of Paris love in the little black arsenal that is my hard drive. About 60% of the pictures are of tiny cafes and small streets and the other 40% is of food that Jesse and I stuffed our faces with. So naturally this post is about Jesse and I stuffing our faces at a cutest of tiny cafes called Au Vieux Paris d'Arcole.

Au Vieux Paris d'Arcole
Wisteria Hysteria

This little gem is nestled behind the Notre Dame on a side street that you could easily miss, if you don't know where to look.

It was absolutely one of our favourite places that we went to because well, just look at it.

And because it was our first experience with escargot, which is a must-try for first timers in Paris.

Au Vieux Paris d'Arcole

Wisteria Hysteria

Wisteria Hysteria

The only downside is that because of it's gorgeous wisteria covered exteriors, passersby will stop for an impromptu photoshoot. Which, I definitely understand, but that means your beautiful face will appear in all of their pictures as you not so glamorously eat garlicy, buttery snails.

Still, I think it's worth it.

Au Vieux Paris d'Arcole
Bread is life

The bread at Au Vieux Paris was out of this world. So warm and crunchy on the outside and so soft and chewy on the inside. Twas the perfect vehicle for my mussels.

I unashamedly used it as my spoon to soak up all of the buttery goodness that the escargot and mussels bathed in.

So. Good.

Escargot and mussels

Escargot

I've got to say that the escargot was delicious, but when anything is drenched in a garlic, butter pesto sauce, you will hear absolutely zero complaints from me.

Like ever.

Mussels

The taste is very similar to mussels, a bit more chewy and with a stronger earthy taste. Overall, good, but it's not something I would crave like I do, say this merengue from Aux Merveilleux de Fred.

Oh my God.

I miss those little balls of joy.

Escargot at Au Vieux Paris d'Arcole
First time escargot eaters

So if you're ever in Paris, you will undoubtably visit Notre Dame, just walk the extra couple meters and you will find this little beauty.

TIP: I'm sure it's beautiful any time of the year, but you might want to plan your trip according to the beautiful wisteria blooms. That means April in the spring folks! It ain't no joke, they wrote a song about for good reason.

Au Vieux Paris d'Arcole

Au Vieux Paris d'Arcole

24 Rue Chanoinesse, 75004 Paris

Phone: +33 1 40 51 78 52

Reservations: lafourchette.com

Hours: Every day from 11AM–11PM

xo, Mia

#NotreDam #ParisEats #travelblogger #travelblog #budgettravel #discoverParis #Parisis #TopParisPhoto #Pariajetaime #MiaSeilern #lifestyleblogger #viennalifestyleblogger #foodblogger #viennatravelblogger #viennalifestyleblog #iennafoodblog #AuVieuxParisdArcole #ParisianCafe #BestParisianCafe #PrettyParisiancafe #Wisteriahysteria #Escargot #Mussels #EscargotinParis #AuxMerveilleuxdeFred #merengueAuxMerveilleuxdeFred #bestmerenguesinParis #bestPariseats #springtimeinParis #aprilinparis #wisteriablooms #Parisblooms #travelonabudget #AprilinParis #BesttimetotraveltoParis