Bucket list item #12: Go on a honeymoon
Bucket list item #46: Go to Mexico
Happy Monday to you all! This is the start of week number two without Jesse here. If you didn’t see on my Instagram, Jesse is interning at a hospital in Garmisch for a month- so we’ve got two weeks left to go, or technically three because it's only Monday. For all of who don't know or remember, Garmisch is a quaint city in Germany, the one we visited last Christmas.
I realize this time is vital to Jesse’s education and future, but it's just sucks. Plus its super unfortunate timing because we don’t get to celebrate Jesse's 26th birthday- gosh we're getting so old- or our first anniversary together. Insert crying emoji.
I thought that since I’ve been missing him, I might as well make myself feel better by going through our honeymoon pictures and creating a post about our magical time in Mexico. I decided to do something a little different and create a short video but first, my top five highlights of Mexico City are:
1. The Teotihuacán Pyramids: Built around 100 AD, the Pyramid of the Sun and the Pyramid of the Moon are seriously astonishing. Seeing them was one of the coolest experiences EVER. It was a little scary climbing up and down those steep stairs, but I mustered up the strength and looked tough when I saw old grannies and toddlers taking them on. The views from the top of both are without question, worth the climb!
2. The people: We did not meet one person who wasn't warm-hearted, friendly, extremely helpful and generous. It was amazing and a complete shock coming from Europe. Not trying to hate on Vienna or Europe, but the Mexicans really know how to make a person feel welcomed and loved! Their warmth and friendliness were such a huge part of why we had such an amazing time!
3. The tacos & beers: I freakin' love tacos. Offer me any kind of taco and I will gladly oblige. Offer me a freshly hand-made corn tortilla, stuffed with pork, cilantro, lime and onions kind of taco and a Victoria beer on the side and I will passionately kiss your angelic face, then devour the tacos in half a second. That was me the whole trip.
4. All things chilli and lime- chips, candy, popsicles, fruit, meat, tacos: you name it, you could get it chilli and lime flavoured and I loved it! The lollipops below were Jesse's favourites! And I had a huge crush on these chips called Takis, which are basically glorified spicy, lime Doritos. Must. Find. Them. In. Vienna.
5. The Outdoor Markets: Well that's a given for me, because all you all should know by know, I am obsessed with all things market. There were numerous stalls full of food, drinks, sweet treats, toys, clothes, shoes, music and entertainment any and everything you could imagine.
And now for the video- I hope you enjoy it! Check back soon for part II of our honeymoon in Acapulco!